- 1884 handwritten two-page letter from the first Prime Minister of Canada, Sir. John A. MacDonald
- Extremely rare and in excellent condition considering its age
- Written on Earnscliffe, Ottawa letterhead and dated June 21, 1884
- Not clear who the letter was written to - addressed to "my dear sir"
- Content of letter reads as follows:
"My Dear Sir,
I have your letter of the 18th inst. on enquiring
I find that in: Boggs was not dismissed. His services were dispensed with, but the best gratuity under the superannuation act was allowed him. This change and others were made, I am informed in the interest of the service and this being so, it is impossible, i fear for me to do anything in this matter.
John A MacDonald
T.W. Crothers Esq.
St. Thomas O."
- Letter of authenticity provided by JSA - certification number Y73703
- Size: 5" x 8"
- Excellent condition considering its age, some light creasing on the right side of the first page, and some paper loss and general damage at the top of the second page, but still very presentable with remarkably little to no ink bleeding or fading. Also some tape repair on the back of the first page
- Please check out our other historical memorabilia, combined shipping is available
- Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have
- Please see photos
Item ID# A17
Glory Days Collectibles is Canada’s Largest Private Collection Ensemble That Hosts an Impressive Variety
of Vintage Sports, Rock & Roll, Hollywood, Advertising and Political Memorabilia.
Newly Staffed By Knowledgeable Hobby Veterans - Bringing First Class Service To All Collectors.
***BE SURE TO BOOKMARK OUR SITE AS WE ARE CONSTANTLY ACQUIRING NEW & INTERESTING COLLECTIBLES WEEKLY.***
Please e-mail us if you require additional pictures.
Visit the Glory Days Ebay store for even more great deals on rare Sports Memorabilia, Game Used Items, Autographs, Programs, Media Guides, Game Tickets and much more!
Combined Shipping Always Available.