- Original 1904 automotive trophy that belonged to the legendary Pittsburgh native William Larimer (W.L.) Mellon who established Gulf Oil Company in 1907
- This 3 handled loving cup trophy was awarded by the Automobile Club of Pittsburgh to W.L. Mellon who was the winner of the 1st Mount Washington Hill Climb Auto Race that was held on July 11th and 12th 1904
- Original "Climb To The Cloud" was organized for auto manufacturers so that they could showcase their horseless carriages
- Entrants were split into classes based on the price of their automobile
- This specific trophy was presented for 1st Prize in the 3rd class of autos
- Very rare trophy from one of Americas great businessmen
- Trophy stands over 9 inches high and shows some wear, the trophy also has some minor imperfections consistent with age, overall displays beautifully
Glory Days Collectibles is Canada’s Largest Private Collection Ensemble That Hosts an Impressive Variety
of Vintage Sports, Rock & Roll, Hollywood, Advertising and Political Memorabilia.
Newly Staffed By Knowledgeable Hobby Veterans - Bringing First Class Service To All Collectors.
***BE SURE TO BOOKMARK OUR SITE AS WE ARE CONSTANTLY ACQUIRING NEW & INTERESTING COLLECTIBLES WEEKLY.***
Please e-mail us if you require additional pictures.
Visit the Glory Days Ebay store for even more great deals on rare Sports Memorabilia, Game Used Items, Autographs, Programs, Media Guides, Game Tickets and much more!
Combined Shipping Always Available.