- 1906 Cheque signed by Jack London author + social activist. The cheque is payable to "The Socialist" a political magazine
- Central Bank of Oakland check filled out and signed by Jack London, payable to the Socialist for $1.99, March 6, 1906.
- London first joined the Socialist Labor Party 1896. That same year San Francisco Chronicle published a story about how the 20 year old London was out nightly in Oakland's City Hall Park, giving speeches to the Socialist crowds, an activity for which he was arrested for in 1897 . He left the Socialist Labor Party and joined the new Socialist Party of America in 1901, when he also ran as the high-profile Socialist nominee for Mayor of Oakland. His bid was unsuccessful, as it was again in 1905. London;s 1903 essay 'How I Became a Socialist,' explains how his views were influenced by his experience, working laborious low paying job.
- Measurements: 6.5” x 2.75” in a 9.5” x 4.75” slab
- Slabbed and authenticated by PSA. Cheque itself is in excellent condition; little to no creasing, no rips or tears. Autograph presents well with no smudging, bleeding or fading
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook (glorydayscollectibles) to keep yourself updated on our upcoming auctions and events
- Please take a look at our other vintage / historical memorabilia for sale, combined shipping is available
- Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have
- Please see photos
Glory Days Collectibles is Canada’s Largest Private Collection Ensemble That Hosts an Impressive Variety
of Vintage Sports, Rock & Roll, Hollywood, Advertising and Political Memorabilia.
Newly Staffed By Knowledgeable Hobby Veterans - Bringing First Class Service To All Collectors.
***BE SURE TO BOOKMARK OUR SITE AS WE ARE CONSTANTLY ACQUIRING NEW & INTERESTING COLLECTIBLES WEEKLY.***
Please e-mail us if you require additional pictures.
Visit the Glory Days Ebay store for even more great deals on rare Sports Memorabilia, Game Used Items, Autographs, Programs, Media Guides, Game Tickets and much more!
Combined Shipping Always Available.