- World War 1 (WWI) Poster advertising U.S. Government Bonds of the Second Liberty Loan, circa 1917
- Poster features a quote by Secretary of the Treasury William Gibbs McAdoo that reads "Shall we be more tender with our dollars than with the lives of our sons?" with a copy of his signature
- The bottom of the poster reads "Buy a United States Government Bond of the 2nd Liberty Loan of 1917"
- The centre of the poster depicts a sailor holding a rifle, of which you can only see the bayonet, as well as a poster that reads "We Depend on You" with the Statue of Liberty. He is also standing with a soldier holding the American flag
- Printed by Edwards & Deutsch Litho. Co. in Chicago as noted in the bottom right corner
- Poster has retained its vibrant colours and presents beautifully
- Size: 21.5" x 31"
- Excellent condition considering its age; some general wear around the edges including some light, small tears and creasing but does not impair the illustration itself.
- Poster is now shrink wrapped to core board to ensure its integrity, and will be shipped flat so as to keep its shape
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook (glorydayscollectibles) to keep yourself updated on our upcoming auctions and events
- Please check out our other historical memorabilia, combined shipping is available
- Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have
- Please see photos
Item ID# B40
Glory Days Collectibles is Canada’s Largest Private Collection Ensemble That Hosts an Impressive Variety
of Vintage Sports, Rock & Roll, Hollywood, Advertising and Political Memorabilia.
Newly Staffed By Knowledgeable Hobby Veterans - Bringing First Class Service To All Collectors.
***BE SURE TO BOOKMARK OUR SITE AS WE ARE CONSTANTLY ACQUIRING NEW & INTERESTING COLLECTIBLES WEEKLY.***
Please e-mail us if you require additional pictures.
Visit the Glory Days Ebay store for even more great deals on rare Sports Memorabilia, Game Used Items, Autographs, Programs, Media Guides, Game Tickets and much more!
Combined Shipping Always Available.