- May 27, 1931 Type 1 Photo of the Prince of Wales (becoming King Edward VIII in 1936) shown inspecting the ship RMS Empress of Britain on the docks in Southampton, just before the ship's maiden voyage to Quebec City, Canada
- The Prince is shown shaking te hand of the ship's owner, Edward Beatty, the President of Canadian Pacific Railways
- Details of photo are neatly written on the back, along with a stamp confirming that it was carried on the ship's maiden voyage and two news service stamps (NEA and the Dominion News Bureau Ltd)
- Measurements: 6.75" x 4.75"
- Excellent condition; very light crease is visible along the bottom edge in the margins, and some writing is notable on the back. Otherwise, little to no notable creasing, no rips or tears and a crystal clear image.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook (glorydayscollectibles) to keep yourself updated on our upcoming auctions and events
- Please check out our other vintage photos and historical memorabilia, combined shipping is available
- Please see photos
Glory Days Collectibles is Canada’s Largest Private Collection Ensemble That Hosts an Impressive Variety
of Vintage Sports, Rock & Roll, Hollywood, Advertising and Political Memorabilia.
Newly Staffed By Knowledgeable Hobby Veterans - Bringing First Class Service To All Collectors.
***BE SURE TO BOOKMARK OUR SITE AS WE ARE CONSTANTLY ACQUIRING NEW & INTERESTING COLLECTIBLES WEEKLY.***
Please e-mail us if you require additional pictures.
Visit the Glory Days Ebay store for even more great deals on rare Sports Memorabilia, Game Used Items, Autographs, Programs, Media Guides, Game Tickets and much more!
Combined Shipping Always Available.