- July 19th, 1980 ticket and postcard for the Opening Ceremonies at the 1980 Summer Olympic games at the Grand Arena of Central Lenin Stadium in Moscow, Russia, then the Soviet Union
- Features both event ticket and matching event postcard
- Ticket written in Russian and Cyrillic script
- Cover of postcard features artwork of a bear, a symbol of Russian heritage, holding up the Olympic torch
- 66 countries, led by the United States, boycotted the Moscow games, leading to the Soviet Union winning 195 medals, including 80 Gold Medals, and East Germany winning 126 medals, with 8 Gold
- Several countries, such as Great Britain, Italy, France, and Australia, enacted partial boycotts. In the case of some like Britain, the government objected to participation but allowed individual sporting governing bodies to decide, while others, such as Italy and France, participated under the Olympic flag rather than their national ones
- Postcard is unposted
- Both items in excellent condition; little to no creasing with no rips or tears
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook (glorydayscollectibles) to keep yourself updated on our upcoming auctions and events
- Please take a look at our other Olympic memorabilia for sale, combined shipping is available
- Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have
- Please see photos
Glory Days Collectibles is Canada’s Largest Private Collection Ensemble That Hosts an Impressive Variety
of Vintage Sports, Rock & Roll, Hollywood, Advertising and Political Memorabilia.
Newly Staffed By Knowledgeable Hobby Veterans - Bringing First Class Service To All Collectors.
***BE SURE TO BOOKMARK OUR SITE AS WE ARE CONSTANTLY ACQUIRING NEW & INTERESTING COLLECTIBLES WEEKLY.***
Please e-mail us if you require additional pictures.
Visit the Glory Days Ebay store for even more great deals on rare Sports Memorabilia, Game Used Items, Autographs, Programs, Media Guides, Game Tickets and much more!
Combined Shipping Always Available.